Health & Safety Protocols
GENERAL SAFE PRACTICES (For in-person sessions)
• Please arrive no more than 10mins prior to your program time. Parents can now enter the facility to drop off/pick up their child outside of the camp/programming room; they can also sign the attendance sheet themselves for pick up/drop off.
• Please bring your own pre-filled water bottle and dress accordingly. Not all fountains and changing rooms will be available.
• To avoid congestion, it is still recommended to not loiter in the building, however, it is no longer required.
• There will not be any make-up classes offered for missed sessions. This is to maintain and reduce the number of participants moving from one class group to another session group.
• All instruments must be purchased prior to classes and to be brought to each class.
COVID-19 SAFETY POLICY
• Participants must assess themselves daily for symptoms of common cold, influenza, COVID-19, or other infectious respiratory disease before attending a program.
• A participant may still receive care if another person in their home has symptoms of common cold, influenza, COVID-19, or other infectious respiratory disease, but they remain asymptomatic.
• Physical Distancing no longer needed. However, anyone showing any symptoms or feeling unwell will be asked to stay home.
• Mask are still strongly recommended for indoor settings, however, instructors, community center staff, and patrons have the choice to wear a mask or not.
• If a participant, instructor or staff member is unsure if they should self-isolate, they should be directed to use the BC COVID-19 Self-Assessment Tool, contact 8-1-1 or the local public health unit. They can also be advised to contact a family physician or nurse practitioner to be assessed for COVID-19 and other respiratory diseases.
ENHANCED CLEANING MEASURES
Increased cleaning measures will still be taken as the province continues to reopen. Here is what we are doing:
• Reducing the amount of people who can visit at one time.
• Setting up one-way travel around facilities and where it is not possible, two-way travel will be in place.
• Clearing and cleaning programming space in between classes and activities.
• Facility will be sanitized at least twice per day on all high frequency touch points in addition to any regularly scheduled overnight sanitizing/cleaning per operating days of the facility.
• Site Safety Plans available at reception desk.
“Musical Expressions values the potential of every individual to engage their musical abilities. Regardless of age or ability level, music is a gift that is acquired through time, yet lasts a lifetime.”